Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/03/13, 10:59 am

My mother and her husband want to kick me out of their house, however I am 17 and will not be 18 for another 74 days...Are they legally allowed to do this? Also, my mother gets child support for me from my father (she has for the last 16-17 years so almost my entire life) and she will continue to get this until I am 21 (we live in Florida now, but the case was dealt with in New York which is where we are originally from) will she be able to keep this if they kick me out/when I move out? Also what is child support for exactly? She uses it for her bills (food, gas, water bill, etc) and never seems to use it for me, my grandparents have taken care of me and buy me clothes, etc., however I do not live with them, I live with my mother and her husband and two sisters from the marriage my mother is in now.

Any help with this situation would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search