Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My wife of less than two years lives in AL and I am a resident of FL. Stupidly we bought two properties which I paid for nearly all from a house sale a few months after marriage. I of the properties is paid for the other has a mortgage under my name only, since her credit was not good. Can I file in FL or does it have to be the last place we lived together which was a two week period over a month ago.....

Asked on 9/01/13, 6:57 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should file in the state and county of your residence.

Read more
9/02/13, 4:54 am
John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

File in FL.

Read more
9/02/13, 8:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88333 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now