Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I tried to get a order of protection on my brother who texts me nasty and uncalled for things in addition to making up lies about my family. This goes on till all hours of the night. In court he admitted to burning down my parents home. He has been in and out of jail his whole life for drugs and alcohol including having his license suspended for good. He has admitted to being on my property illegally. The judge denied my petition on the grounds that it sounded to him like my brother just wants to be apart if my life! I feel like he did not take my safety or wants into consideration and basically gave my brother the green light to keep up stalking me. Do I have any rights?

Asked on 9/10/13, 1:51 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should speak to an attorney about an appeal.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/13, 2:05 pm
John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should get the police involved and file for another protection order.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/13, 3:46 pm
Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Report harassment to the Police.

Talk to attorney about appeal.

Consider talking to local Press.

Read more
Answered on 9/11/13, 5:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now