My question has to do with the award of alimony and/or child support the state of Florida.
1) I have a “long term” marriage (20+years actual)
2) I make about 1/3 of my wife’s’ income ($4K vs. $11K)
3) My wife lives in our 4 BR/3 Bath home and drives a new car.
4) I live in a 2 br/2 bath rental unit (not so nice) and I drive a 2007 mini-van with 170k miles on it. (it’s all I can afford)
5) We have a minor daughter (14 y/o) who resides with wife.
6) She is asking for alimony and CS.
7) I am asking for alimony. (I provide $570/month in CS from my Soc. Sec. Retirement).
My question is this:
I believe I am entitled to expect to be able to live in a lifestyle (manner) similar to what I enjoyed for the past 20 years (?). Albeit less than what I enjoyed during the marriage.
How do I ask the court to re-instate my standard of living? All Financial docs required by the courts seem to only request current financial expense (etc.) which obviously only reflect my being forced to live with what I have available…