Legal Question in Medical Leave in Florida

I have been working for a large physicans office for a little over a year. I am requiring back surgery, a 3 level disc fusion as I am have difficulty, walking, sitting, my quality of life has been affected. I went to my human resourse manager letting her know I need to have the surgery done as soon as possible, but wanted to give them time to plan coverage for me while I am healing, which is 3-4 weeks. I was given my FMLA paperwork to fill out, and am in the process of doing so, but was told "this is bad timing due to the fact that we are in season, and can you put the surgery off until January 2014". I have a feeling they want to "let me go" because of this. I have been working full duty, with no restrictions and my job performance has not changed despite my back pain. Please advise.Thanks

Scott Behren Behren Law Firm

If you need the surgery now, you need it now. Fill out the FMLA work and take the leave. Keep a diary of any instances where they give you a hard time and if they try to fire you. Feel free to contact us at scott@behrenlaw.com for further questions.

More Family Medical Leave Act questions and answers in Florida

Family Medical Leave Act Legal Forms