Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

My ceilings are day after day caving in, and my landlord is not in a hurry to repair. I feel that my appartment is unhabitable and other units have the same issue. Can I sue my landlord and get financial compensation for future moving expenses and other. I know that I can send a 7 days notice of lease termination for non compliance florida statute 83.51. How am I protected as a tenant? Should I contact building inspectors?

Asked on 7/30/13, 4:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should contact the local building inspectors. Your written lease controls your remedies if the apartment is uninhabitable.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/13, 5:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now