Florida  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/30/13, 4:51 pm

My ceilings are day after day caving in, and my landlord is not in a hurry to repair. I feel that my appartment is unhabitable and other units have the same issue. Can I sue my landlord and get financial compensation for future moving expenses and other. I know that I can send a 7 days notice of lease termination for non compliance florida statute 83.51. How am I protected as a tenant? Should I contact building inspectors?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/31/13, 5:22 am by Barry Stein

You should contact the local building inspectors. Your written lease controls your remedies if the apartment is uninhabitable.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary 25 SE 2nd Avenue Suite 425 Miami, FL 33131

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search