Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

A landlord/tenant issuewith me as the tenant, complicated with a domestic dispute.He wants money, and I want my property. Is there an agreement that can be drawn up to satisfy both parties, be legally binding. he has verbally agreed to this, and after the fact need to make sure he is not going to ask for more money for what ever reason.

Asked on 4/29/13, 10:16 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. A settlement agreement can be signed by both parties.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/13, 10:21 am
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Not sure what you want. Can you get the landlord to release your property in exchange for a specified amount of money? Yes this agreement can be written. If there are more terms, no like no other rental due, then that needs to be included. Seek legal assistance in drafting the document to make sure you get what you need.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/13, 10:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now