Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Florida

Severd Tendon in my thumb

My question is about care you receive at the ER I cut my thumb which required 6 stitches The ER Dr. had it xrayed to see if it was broken but didn't do any further tests to see if the tendon was severed. I don't have insurance and feel that is why nothing else was done I have talked to other people with similar injures who say they were checked out for severed nerves and tendons before being stitched up and sent home. There have been a few other incidences with this ER Dr. since the injury date and I would like to know if he was negligent He did tell me the first time I was there that he felt the tendon was probably severed and should be looked at. I explained I didn't have a Dr and no insurance. He told me to try talking to a few and see what I could work out on a payment plan. Unfortunately I haven't been able to resolve this and now the tendon is probably ''dried up''.

Alan Wagner Wagner, Vaughan & McLaughlin, P.A.

Re: Severd Tendon in my thumb

It is unlikely that you have a claim that can be pursued since you were advised to seek medical attention and the severed tendon was not something that required emergent care. The laws have been altered, as well, to provide special protection and limitations to any recovery against an ER. These laws almost always make it very difficult if not down right economically impossible to bring a claim. You can thank the Republicans for passing these terrible anti-consumer laws.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Florida