Florida  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/19/13, 8:08 pm

My HOA placed a lien on my house months ago. I subsequentyly paid it off the entire amount I owed in a lump sum payment.

Do I have to pay any extra fee for the HOA to file a lien release form at the County recorders Office?

Who's responsibility is it to file the lien release form , mine , the HOA or the HOA lawyer?

How long can they take to file the release, it's already been more than two weeks and I have not received any letter saying that they have released the lien on my house.

thank you for your response.

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/20/13, 5:29 am by David Slater

They should. Call the lawyer.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

David P. Slater, Esq. 5154 Windsor Parke Dr. Boca Raton, FL 33496

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search