Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/15/13, 10:20 pm

I have recently seperated from my wife due to affiars that we both were having Since then My mother and brother in law were arrested and charged with 22 counts including 16 felonies (8 Aggravated assaults and 8 false inprisionments) for holding me at gun point and shooting at me and hitting the vehicle I was in as I was getting away. Since then my 6 year old daughter has had to attend weekly counseling to deal with mine and my wife's seperation and her anxiety from such. My mother in law has since threatened me and has also threatened to inform

My daughter of everything that has happened between me and my wife because she is mad about some issues I brought up in divorce court and stated that she would use that to turn my daughter against me. My daughter does not need to

Know about these adult issues and it will only scar her more as being a child an cause her more emotional problems. With this said my question is.... Can I file and be awarded a temporary protective order for me for the shooting incident as well as on behalf of my kids for the threatening of this "mental abuse" to my 6 year old daughter.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search