Georgia  |  Business Law

I'm trying to close my corporation in the state of Georgia. I closed my business down. If I were to buy on of those on line kits, would that work or should I just use a proper attorney so nothing comes back to haunt me ????

Please advise

Answered on: 5/14/13, 1:20 pm by Glenn M. Lyon, Esq.

You are asking attorneys, so I'm sure you can guess your answer will be (and almost always for very good reason). I would tell you that if the corporation truly has no outstanding debts or obligations, you may be able to use the Secretary of State's website as a guide to doing it yourself. If the corporation does have any outstanding liability issues, you need to have a local business attorney do it.

MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys 1230 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 3750 Atlanta, GA 30309

Answered on: 5/14/13, 3:27 pm by Glen Ashman

The risk you take in doing things online with forms is that if you screw up the cost to fix things, if you can, will be far higher than the cost to hire someone now. Pay a lawyer for an hour or two of time. It's worth it.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344