Legal Question in Consumer Law in Georgia

A salesman came to my house to test my water after the test he convinced me to purchase a water filtration system. After a week I decided that I couldn’t afford it and I could not tell a difference in the water. The financing had not been approved yet so when the finance company called for me with the financing agreement the final price with financing was 1500 dollars more than I agreed to pay. I declined the financing and told the company to come get the system. The company refused to come and get the system and threatened to sue me and put a lien on my house. Is that possible because I did tell them they could come and get the system?

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Meet with a lawyer IMMEDIATELY. No one can answer you without seeing the contract. You probably owe the money but you need someone to look for sure. If you have a hole it may be time sensitive, and you may have waited too long already. But make sure you see a lawyer IN THE MORNING.

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

As stated, you failed to tell us the most important information - the terms of the contract you signed.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Georgia

Consumer Law Legal Forms