Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Georgia

I recently found out that an attorney I hired in GA in 2006 had place an attorney\'s lien agaisnt my property for a legal fees that I had paid in full. I have the receipts from the attorney showing I had paid the account in full as well as copies of the check I used. Is there anyway of appealing the lien.

Asked on 7/31/09, 1:32 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

What did the attorney say when you contacted his/her office with copies of the billls, checks & reciepts to show everything was paid and ask for the lein to be removed. That is the obvious first step, and would provide the other side of the story that is necessary for any response.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/09, 8:08 am
Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can't appeal. However, you can get the forms from your local Magistrate Court (Small Claims Court), fill them out and send them to the lawyer with a letter saying that if the matter is not resolved within, say, 10 days, you are going to sue him for the amount in question.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/09, 10:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now