Georgia  |  Criminal Law

I am being investigated and possibly prosecuted. The deal is that the beginning of last year, me and my friend at Camp Lejeune, NC worked it out for him to "steal" my dirtbike and i report it to the insurance company and get it paid off. Now NCIS came to my work yesterday and told my employer what happened, and interviewed me and I told him everything that happened. Now I dont know what to do. Im waiting to find out if the government is going to prosecute me or not. Im also trying to find out if the insurance company will take a pay off and be done with them so they wont persue anything. Please help if possible.

Answered on: 5/18/10, 9:33 pm by Glen Ashman

You appear to have committed both state and federal felonies. You may spend time in jail. Get a very good criminal attorney. Your statement to police without a lawyer was a huge mistake. Don't repeat it.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344