Legal Question in DUI Law in Georgia

Probation Termination

I have 4 months remaining on a 12 month probation for DUI. I have completed all community service, DUI school and paid all fines and fees. I was placed on unsupervised probation on January 28, 2002. I am currently trying to enlist into the military and have received a waiver for the DUI. When I asked my probation officer if I could get a release on the probation to enlist, he told me that it was state law I had to serve my full 12 months and there was nothing he could do. Is this correct, or is there another course I can follow? Is there anything I can do to fascilitate the termination process?

Dan Conaway Conaway&Strickler, P.C.

Re: Probation Termination

You can generally terminate probation, but NOT for a DUI. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Please contact us should you have any other questions.

Dan Conaway

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Georgia