Georgia  |  DUI Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/15/03, 3:07 pm

Probation Termination

I have 4 months remaining on a 12 month probation for DUI. I have completed all community service, DUI school and paid all fines and fees. I was placed on unsupervised probation on January 28, 2002. I am currently trying to enlist into the military and have received a waiver for the DUI. When I asked my probation officer if I could get a release on the probation to enlist, he told me that it was state law I had to serve my full 12 months and there was nothing he could do. Is this correct, or is there another course I can follow? Is there anything I can do to fascilitate the termination process?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search