Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/11/11, 7:09 am

i am going through a divorce in ga and gross about 5000 a month in which a fair amount of overtime is present. my wife served me papers with her having physical custody and a figure of 833/month was given for child support. i am a nurse and have a very flexible scd. i presently keep our 2 yr old daughter most of the time since my ex is in school but will grad in sept of this year. she does not work due to school. i want joint physical custody. does that CS figure sound right and to what degree will joint custody reduce that. i can physically have my child 50% of the time guaranteed. we live close together also. she will grad and make app. 13-15/hr. would i automatically be able to get readjusted at that point? sorry for so many details. I am looking for a good lawyer who can get me a fair deal hands down. i don't mind paying CS but not a ridiculous amount when i want my daughter half the time. any help would be appreciated. i dont want to get taken by a system designed for dead beat dads. thank you

1 Answer

Answered on: 3/11/11, 8:23 am by Glen Ashman

If you were served papers you need a lawyer immediately. There is no time to delay as an answer and counterclaim are due within 30 days.

$833 might be a correct number but it would take far more information to determine amounts of support and other issues.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search