Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

my and my fiance got into a argument that went way out of control it go to the point she hit me so i grabbed her shirt to cawm her down then she hit me again the cops were involved they talked to my fiance alone the next thing i know im in jail because my fiance told them another story and he said because i was the main agressor by grabbing her shirt first that she had the legal right to defend herslef so i got out of jail and they issued a no contact and a tpo i have been complying with those orders but i was browsing through facebook and saw where she posted for everyone to view what happened and in that message she stated she hit me then i grabbed her shirt and she hit me again. if i take that to my public deffendo could he get the chargers thrown out and how get the no contact and tpo removed

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

As to the criminal aspect of the case, you need to speak with your Public Defender. If a person is represented, an attorney is not allowed to provide advice. The TPO is a civil matter and your public defender is not assigned to assist you in that hearing. I would speak to him/her to find out the procedure. If your Public Defender is not attending the TPO hearing with you, I suggest you retain an attorney. Certainly take a copy of the Facebook page to your Public Defender, as well as use it at the TPO. Do not respond to the Facebook or make any contact directly or through a third party.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia