Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/10/13, 4:43 pm

my grandchildren are being seriously neglected by their father who has sole custody. they (the kids) are living with a friend of theirs right now. I am several states away & can't move back there for at least a month. If I contact a lawyer there now, to see about obtaining custody, is that lawyer obligated to contact social services? Their father just had his electric service cut off for non payment and is going to be evicted from his apartment so the children are relying soling on their friends' family.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search