Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/13/10, 6:34 am

Long story short: I'd like to move out of state with my child but according to his fathers friends..I cannot do such a thing. The father is on the birth certificate and has signed the paternity other things have been worked out legally. He does not pay child support and rarely comes to see his son. We are unwed and don't want to get back together. My questions are;

- What are his rights and what are mine?

- Can I move out of state with my son? Or travel out of state?

- Is my son legitimized since he signed the paternity acknowledgement?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/18/10, 6:22 pm by Glen Ashman

I can't answer the last question as you haven't shown me the form.

As for your rights, moving to another state is complex. You may be able to do it, and he may be able to force you into Georgia's courts. You should not be discussing this with his friends and should be seeing a lawyer as to when and if you need to get court orders.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search