Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I had some questions about getting an Annulment. If I do want to get a marriage annulled what do I need to do and how hard is it to get it annulled. After I do get it annulled do I have to show it on my taxes and can people find out. I am in Georgia. I am a soldier and a college student who is 20

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Annulments are very rare. They can only happen when your marriage was illegal at the time it took place, and, even if that is the case, cannot be done if a child is involved.

So if you married someone under age, or already married to someone else, or there is actual fraud, you'd qualify. Even if you qualify, annulments are more complex than divorces. So odds are, you will actually be doing a divorce.

Annulments and divorces can affect taxes. They also are public records, and almost anyone can research them and find out.

Your step one is to see a lawyer.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia