Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Im September child support took my non-custodial parent's taxes and have been holding them ever since. Upon calling to question the reason the money was being held i was told that no information could be released to me about it. I then took to the Georgia child support frequently asked questions portion of the site and read the involuntary payment section which states that if the non-custodial parent filed singe and didn't want to dispute the payment that it could take up to 30 days. The money was intercepted in September, it is now November and im still being told that no info can be released on it. What can I do?

Martin Hilliard Martin G. Hilliard, PC

It's likely that you'll get your answer quicker if you have an attorney interject. CSE knows that you don't know the laws and/or the knowledge to file the proper pleading's on your own behalf to get the answers that you're seeking, however, they can hold and use your tax refund to pay unpaid child support.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia