Georgia  |  Family Law

What do u do when ex spouse is living at my house for three years and now stops paying mortgage. Divorce papers say she has exclusive use that's it about marital homeplace. Mortgage and deed is in my name.

The divorce paperwork never said who pays for the mortgage. Also she had been paying on the mortgage for three years already though. She just now stopped cause she wants to save money and buy another house. Do I have the right to evict her? When she signed over the deed to me last year? Like I said before there is nothing in the divorce papers that state she gets the house. Just that she has exclusive rights to the house. But her signing the deed over to me last year, she just gave up those rights?

Answered on: 9/16/13, 1:01 pm by Tahira Piraino

All of these issues should have been dealt with in the divorce agreement. I suggest you speak to a family law attorney who will need to review your agreement and then provide the advice you need. It sounds as if you may not have had an attorney in the divorce. Don't make that mistake again.

Tahira P. Piraino 3774 LaVista Road, Suite 101 Tucker, GA 30084