Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

My ex wife got mad and had a TRO placed on me. A couple of weeks later we went to court and the Judge really didnt listen to me and granted her a 12 month protective order. She really didnt know how sever this was now she wants to have it withdeawn. Can she have it removed.

Asked on 3/28/13, 6:01 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Please stop pressuring her this way. It can land you in prison.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/13, 6:15 pm
Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I am concerned there is a protective order in place and you and your ex are obviously still communicating. This is a violation and can lead to you having a criminal case against you rather than a civil case. I suggest you speak with an attorney before further violating the order. If your ex wants to withdraw the case, she can also speak with an attorney or a victim's counselor. Violating a protective order is a serious matter, even if your ex was the one who instigated the communication.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/13, 4:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now