Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Georgia

I have an ex-girlfriend who owes me a lot of money. Over the course of our relationship, i had given her alot of cash that i had withdrawn from ATM's. There was also some time's where i would transfer money directly into her Well's Fargo Account. The problem is we never drew up any official contracts because really i just took her word that she would pay me back. I don't have any witnesses that could testify that i gave her money, and she is denying all of it now. I would like to take her to small claims court to try get back what she owes to me. With just bank records to go off of showing the ATM Withdrawls and Wire Transfers to her Bank Account, would i still be able to re-acquire this money from her? Or should i just take it at a total loss?

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Absent any written dosuments, a court is going to be very skeptical of believing money given to an ex-girlfriend was not a gift, as anyone making a real loan would use real paperwork.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Georgia

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms