Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Georgia

I reside in Georgia, and about 6 months ago a good friend left his motorcycle at my house b/c there was a bad storm the entire route he had to take back home to PA. After a few months sitting at my house, through casual conversation, he decided he wanted to sell it and we were willing to buy it. I sent him a check for the purchase amount and he would send the title .... I know him so I trusted him. Check was cashed , that was over a month ago and haven't heard anything. What is my next course of action to get the title ? Do I contact PA police or do I have to go to small claims court?

Thank you

Asked on 11/11/12, 10:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You fly to Pennsylvania and sue him there. It's not a criminal matter. You'll have to prove your case there.

Read more
Answered on 11/12/12, 4:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now