Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Georgia

I have a TPO against a man that lived in my house. He assaulted me, my child, he stole from me, a list of things.....His son goes to school with my daughter however the judge specified that the respondent was not to go to the school that my daughter attends. The respondent did and stared at my daughter for a good 5 minutes on school property. Is this a violation of the order? There are no notes saying differently.

Robert Gardner Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP

It depends on whether the Judge put that provision in the Order. For the police to arrest someone for violating a TPO, they must be able to determine that he acted in a way to violate a specific provision of the order by reading the order. If the Order does not say that he can't come to her school, then going to the school in and of itself is not a violation. However, what you are saying he did would most certainly violate a provision saying he could not come within a certain amount of feet of her. If that can be proven to have occurred, get your witnesses to this together and contact the law appropriate law enforcement agency.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Georgia

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms