Georgia  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/28/13, 1:43 pm

My wife is in F1 status and her OPT is ending Dec'13. She is currently volunterring at her university and may be traveling to India next month. She wanted to come back in H4 visa. So my question is does she have to apply for change of status from F1 to H4 while she is still here in US or can she go to India and apply for H4?

Note: She dont have her F1 stamped in her passport as she converted from H4 to F1 2 years ago while she was here in US and never went to India during the interim. Please let me know so we can plan the travel accordingly. Thanks in advance!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search