Legal Question in Insurance Law in Georgia

I had an auto accident. when I pulled up the mobile app on the phone it said that the policy was in cancellation process. WHen I called I was told by the agent that policy was still active. I then talk to an agent that stated that I had to pay the money that day to keep it from cancelling. I asked her but since its still active that means I am covered she said yes. now I am being told that the because I didn't make the payment that day that the accident is not covered? is this legal and how can this be. it was covered at the time of the accident but because I didn't give the money that I didn't have im not covered when the agents said it was? how is this so?

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You are telling us about phone calls and mobile apps, but not the most important information. What do your policy and other account documents state about effective dates? Read your documents, and you will likely find the answer.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Why would you think that you have a right to free car insurance? If you failed to pay it by the due date, of course it will get cancelled. Having said that, you have in your hands the paper policy with all the details.

Note that you can be charged with driving without insurance, lose your license to suspension, be heavily fined and go to jail. Additionally, when you do not pay the damages out of pocket, you license can be suspended for life (until you pay). The lawyer you now need and fines you now will pay will greatly exceed the tiny cost of insurance.

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Georgia

Insurance Law Legal Forms