Legal Question in Insurance Law in Georgia

Why am I, as a total loss victim of an auto accident, responsible for paying a storage fee during the time my vehicle was in the body shop for examination? I am being charged a storage fee from the at-fault party's insurance company. It is being deducted from the ACV that I am receiving for my title. Why am I responsible for paying this, even though the accident was not my fault? Also, can the body shop come after me for the storage fees if I am the owner of the vehicle and if the insurance company that is deducting the storage fee from my ACV settlement does not pay the body shop? I have tried to ask both insurance companies, mine and the at-fault party's insurance, and both insurance companies state that I must have the storage fees deducted from the actual cash value of my vehicle.

Ronald Arthur Lowry Ronald Arthur Lowry

This is contrary to my understanding of Georgia law. Please contact me directly for a more detailed discussion at no charge.

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You left out the most important detail - the reason the vehicle is subject to the storage fees, and who is at fault for that.

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Georgia

Insurance Law Legal Forms