Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

Hurt by Alzehimer's Patient

I took a caregiver position I found through the local paper to take care of 87 yr old Alzheimer woman and her 92 old husband recovering from broken hip. the woman tried to set fire to some trash underneath her wooden carport with 2 cars full of gas in it and the containers she was trying to set on fire had aresol cans and fingernail polish remover bottle in there. In the process of getting the matches away from her she pushed me down the cement steps.

Now I have to have a Meniscus Allograft Transplant by an Ortho surgeon. this will probably be paid by blue-cross blue shield on my husband's insurance. But what about my loss of pay during this time? Of course I no longer work there, but my surgeon says I may not be able out of work for 2 months I have big big bills to pay. I have a payment of $500 I have to make by December 15th, 2007 or we stand a chance of losing our home! Someone told me I need a premesis liability attorney but is there a case since the lady is

legally crazy ? Her son is saying nobody saw mother push me down that I probably just tripped over my own 2 feet. Attorneys are turning me away left and right. Will anybody be able to help

I'm reallly really scared and don't know where to turn.

Joseph Fried Law Offices of Joseph A. Fried

Re: Hurt by Alzehimer's Patient

This is a very tough case legally, but if there is homeowners insurance on the house where the elderly couple lived you may be able to file a claim against that coverage. Best of luck. www.mygeorgiainjurylawyers.com.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia