Georgia  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/11/07, 7:53 am

Mom and No Will

My Mother just passed away and so far No Will has been discovered. Two of my five sisters feel that the seven children should only receive 70%(divided equally) and the five grandchildren dividing the remaining 30%.

I don't think that is a fair division since 4 out of 7 children have no kids. Her grandchildren, love them as I may, never did a thing to help my Mom.

My Mom showed me a Will 6 months

back stating all assets were to be divided equally amongst her 7 children. I told all my sisters and brother what I read and that's how it should be done even though her Will has not surfaced.

I feel the dividing amongst the 7 is the fairest and the girls with kids should give whatever they feel from their part to their kids.

I have been reading up on this situation and am still a little confused as to how Moms assets should be divided under Georgia law. In other words, shouldn't Moms assets go to her children?

How should this be handled without too much family feuding?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search