Georgia  |  Product Liability

I have turned my house into a childrens group home. It is an LLC in the state of Georgia. Of course there is a mortgage on the house in my name. I will be charging the group home rent to cover mortgage and expenses. Is there a conflict for the group home to pay me the rent directly , should they pay the mortgage company or should I use a property mangagment co to process rent?

Answered on: 10/02/13, 11:18 am by Scott Riddle

This not a products liability question, so business lawyers may not see it. Any new business owner should start with these three items - a good business lawyer, accountant and insurance agent. Real live people, not just websites like this. In general, if the company's liability is to you, they will pay you. You then pay your debt. That is just the start.

Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC Suite 1530 Tower Place, 3340 Peachtree Road Atlanta, GA 30326