Georgia  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/24/13, 6:43 pm

My husband and I purchased a home this summer from a woman getting a divorce and being forced into selling the house. She made the process very difficult and even created damage to the property after the walk through (i.e. ripping curtains out of walls, dogs peeing on carpet). We incurred hundreds on dollars repairing and cleaning up after her. Months later we paid the county tax as required. Yesterday, we were contacted by the lawyers on behalf of the seller. Apparently, the estimated tax upon closing was more than what we actually had to pay and now the seller wants for us to reimburse her several hundred dollars. Can I legally get the seller to pay for the damage she created to the house? Do I have to reimburse her the overpaid tax amount? Thank you for your time.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search