Georgia  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/01/12, 9:25 am

my mother was visiting from Canada this past Christmas. She signed a typed document addressed to a nephew who has been overseeing land for her. She has transferred the responsibility of overseeing the land to me, her daughter. The one-page letter has her signature, mine, and a witness'. She is back in Canada and will be sending the document to her nephew. It occurred to me that we could have gone to a notary public for this. Don't know if that was need. Is the document binding?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search