Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Illinois

as of may 13th i am now 17 years old and i wish to be emancipated. . my parents are pastor and wife of a local "Pentacostal/Apostolic" church here in Illinois. . they are literally FORCING me to be apart of this religion. i cannot wear jeans, i must wear skirts, i am not at liberty to cut my hair, wear make up, fingernail/toenail polish nor am i allowed to simply go to the theatere. . i do my chores daily, such as laundry, dishes, sweeping, mopping, dusting, etc. i abide by their curfew and if they ask me not to go somewhere or do something, i do not. BUT i can no longer stand to be a part of this religion. because they not only FORCE me to live it but they also punish me in severe ways for simply not wanting to live it. . suxh as-- pushing me down the stairs, locking me in the closet all night, wipping me until i bleed and various other things. i do have someone who can testify to all of it and go before the court and state these facts for this person has seen these things personally with their own eyes. . my witness is 18 years of age. . this is not a "rebellion" or "i just wana do whatever i please" thing. i am physically but more so mentally abused and am being forced to be apart of a religion that i do not want any part of at all. . . they will also not allow me to get a job and wont tell me why. . im a straight A student and a hard worker and i want to get a job, move out and go to school just like any other normal teenager. but i am stuck with this. . what do i do? do i have any kind of chance at winning an emancipation case at all?

Betty Tsamis Tsamis Law Firm PC

You describe abuse that should be dealt with by the police. Please do yourself a favor and call 911.

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Illinois

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms