Illinois  |  Civil Rights Law

as of may 13th i am now 17 years old and i wish to be emancipated. . my parents are pastor and wife of a local "Pentacostal/Apostolic" church here in Illinois. . they are literally FORCING me to be apart of this religion. i cannot wear jeans, i must wear skirts, i am not at liberty to cut my hair, wear make up, fingernail/toenail polish nor am i allowed to simply go to the theatere. . i do my chores daily, such as laundry, dishes, sweeping, mopping, dusting, etc. i abide by their curfew and if they ask me not to go somewhere or do something, i do not. BUT i can no longer stand to be a part of this religion. because they not only FORCE me to live it but they also punish me in severe ways for simply not wanting to live it. . suxh as-- pushing me down the stairs, locking me in the closet all night, wipping me until i bleed and various other things. i do have someone who can testify to all of it and go before the court and state these facts for this person has seen these things personally with their own eyes. . my witness is 18 years of age. . this is not a "rebellion" or "i just wana do whatever i please" thing. i am physically but more so mentally abused and am being forced to be apart of a religion that i do not want any part of at all. . . they will also not allow me to get a job and wont tell me why. . im a straight A student and a hard worker and i want to get a job, move out and go to school just like any other normal teenager. but i am stuck with this. . what do i do? do i have any kind of chance at winning an emancipation case at all?

Answered on: 7/03/13, 4:29 am by Betty Tsamis

You describe abuse that should be dealt with by the police. Please do yourself a favor and call 911.

Tsamis Law Firm PC 1509 W. Berwyn, 201E Chicago, IL 60640