Legal Question in Criminal Law in Illinois

I plead not guilty to a crime (disorderly conduct) and I have to travel to Canada for business before my trial/plead guilty to a lesser charge. Will there be an issue here?

Asked on 6/20/13, 10:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Zuganelis Zuganelis & Zuganelis, Attorneys at Law, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. If you read your bail bond receipt it states you MUST receive permission of the court to leave the state. Have your lawyer motion it up to get permission. Doing it this way could save you from having your bail revoked and stay in jail until your trial or plea of guilty.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 11:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now