Legal Question in Criminal Law in Illinois

Getting speeding charge amended from allegedly driving 90 MPH in a 55 MPH speed zone to allegedly driving 85 MPH in a 55 MPH speed zone.

Two and a half weeks ago I received a speeding ticket for allegedly driving 90 MPH in a 55 MPH speed zone in Dekalb County IL. The situation is further complicated by the fact that I am on the Kane County IL Second Chance program. I wrote a bad check because I fell on hard times and I was charged with Deceptive Practices in Kane County IL last year in 2012. The Kane County Second Chance program does not care about simple traffic tickets including speeding tickets. However my speeding ticket is a Class B Misdemeanor which is a criminal offense in Illinois. My question is three fold. The first part of my question is if I can get the speed amended to allegedly driving 85 MPH in a 55 MPH speed zone thus making it a simple speeding ticket. The second part of my question is if I am found guilty or plead guilty to driving 90 MPH in a 55 MPH speed zone if the Kane County Second Chance program would care. The third part of my question is if the Judge would still sentence me to Court Supervision even though Julies law is going to take effect 7-1-2013 eliminating Court Supervision for speeding 31 MPH to 39 MPH over the speed limit in rural areas and speeding 25 MPH to 39 MPH over the speed limit in urban areas.

Thanks

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Man, You don't seem to learn from experience.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Illinois