Illinois  |  Discrimination Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/30/13, 8:34 am

My husband invoked VESSA at his job in Illinois and just got fired today. Can we sue the company, and if so, how? What do we need?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/30/13, 9:42 pm by Chen Kasher

This is a very fact intensive question, and without more information, it's very hard to respond.

I'd consider contacting the Illinois Department of Labor. They handle these sort of complaints. You'll need as much information as possible, including any documentation of him asking for VESSA leave and any recent performance reviews.

Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer and this is just general advice that may not be applicable to your case.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Chen Kasher 1642 E. 56th Street Chicago, IL 60637

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search