Legal Question in Education Law in Illinois

My problem is that my daughter is being prevented from attending elementary school because I have not paid registration fees. I read through the Illinois Board of Education Policy and my understanding is that even if a parent refuses to pay fees the recourse for the school is through a civil case and not actions taken against the child to get to the parent. I am not looking for monetary gain I just want my daughter to be allowed to attend school. Is there any action I can take?

Asked on 8/20/13, 5:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There may be waivers available for economically disadvantaged families. Check with your school's pupil services.

Read more
Answered on 8/22/13, 11:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now