Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/23/09, 9:10 pm

Name Change

I have purchased the necessary forms to change my name in the state of IL. I must publish my Notice to File Petition For Change of Name in the newspaper once a week for three weeks. Can it be any newspaper? The local paper? Or does it have to be a ''legal/law'' type of paper?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search