Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/20/09, 5:12 pm

Child support- Modification

I was told by TX lawyer(s) that, I was suppose to contact IL to have my support changed, because IL has the jurisdiction, but the state of TX increased my support payments to the point, that it has made me & my current wife & children homeless twice and it has made me behind on many bills. I've contacted the Dallas, TX child support office regarding my issue(s) and I keep getting the run around. I filed an complaint with the attorney general's office and I only heard one thing, that they were working on it! To no avail, my wife and I had to separate in order for her and the kids to not suffer, because of this travesty! Plus these folks are just dragging their feet and it still have not resolved my current issue.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search