Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I am divorced, I signed quit claim deed so and my ex wife had 4mos to refi. If she couldn't as of 4mos the house is to be listed for sale in a commercially reasonable fashion by the two of us.

It has been 4mos so I called her to set appointment. She informed she hired and signed a contract w a local realtor and will not give me any info and she is keeping many of the appliances that were assumed part of the home. I found out my name is not on the title (it is along with her name on the mortgage).

I do not want the realtor she hired and I did not agree to cintract, i have not seen contract nor was I asked to sign contract. I also can't believe she is keeping approx 12,000 worth of ammenties that we bought for the home and should be sold with home.

I have no lawyer and I have been financially drowning since divorce trying to get back on my feet. I pay her a great deal of child support and I wouldn't have it any other way, I love my children more then I hate her. I dont even known if this is legal or not. I dont know what it means that my name is not on title. In short what can I and or can't I do. Any help ANY HELP would be appreciated. (State-Illinois)

Thank you.

Sue Roberts-Kurpis, Esq. Law Office of Sue Roberts-Kurpis

If you signed a quitclaim deed, the house belongs to your wife and she can do whatever she wants with it. She doesn't need your permission to sell it or pick a realtor or keep any of the amenities in the house. This is the very reason you don't sign a quitclaim until the last minute or upon getting your money. Talke to the lawyer who represented you in the divorce..

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois