Legal Question in Immigration Law in Illinois

i married a nigerian man and now that he has his citizenship he wants a divorce. I also found out that he may still be married to a woman in london. I found emails that they have been keeping in touch our entire marriage. I think he used me only for citizenship but if he is still married in london, would that void our marriage and his citizenship here?

The marriage may be legal for Illinois purposes, but not immigration purposes. Depending on how angry you are, and depending on whether you feel he could be a threat to you, you may have to file for divorce and make the choice as to whether to notify the immigration authorities, but I would NOT do so without an attorney's help because given additional facts you could be implicated in what appears to be a fraud. Make sure you are on solid ground before moving ahead.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Illinois