Illinois  |  Employment Law

Right now im employed full time with an IT consulting company, but not working since they have no project for me, however, im still getting paid my 40 every week. I just got another job with a totally different company who has no affiliation what so ever. Can I ride this out in getting 2 paychecks every week from both companies, and just quit the consulting company I work for now when they do find me a project? This new job pays way more, and Id rather be with them. But in my current job contract, it says that im not allowed to look for other jobs that would conflict with my consulting job.

They dont conflict with each other in any way (in my opinion) but getting 2 pay checks from 2 companies, while i sit out and do absolutely nothing for my consulting job kinda feels wrong.

what im also worried about is that if I do ride this thing out and get paid from both companies, and my consulting job finds out and sues me. Can they sue me for an amount bigger than what they've paid me while I was employed with another company?