Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Illinois

I went to a doctor who told me he read a radiologist report (PET scan)and I had incurable liver cancer that had spread to my bones. After we mentioned going to iowa city for 2nd opinion he reviewed PET scan and 20 hours later called and said he changed his mind and did not feel that spots from scan were new and maybe not even caused from cancer. He said he discovered this and was going to call me at 10pm the night he told me I was dying but opted to wait until 1pm the next day. This was the most horrific 20 hours of my life.. Was he in the wrong legally?

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

I am sorry to hear about your experience. However, based on the facts presented, it does not appear that there is case to pursue. From a non-legal perspective, you may want to obtain another medical opinion.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Illinois