Illinois  |  Tax Law

I am 23, have lived on my own the 3 years. Every year, I sent my taxes to my parents and their accountant has done them for me. I always owed, but never thought anything about it, he was an accountant, right? Well, turns out my parents have been claiming me as a dependent on their own taxes. The 2012 tax season, I just did my own taxes. My parents claimed me as I claimed myself also. So now some problems have arose. They are trying to make me file an amended return where i don't claim myself. Therefore, I would have to pay back the $540 return i received from the IRS. And after the 3 years of taxes they did for me, I should have gotten that much back EVERY YEAR instead of having to pay in. Is this against the law? What can I do about it?? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!

Also, they live in Wisconsin, and I live in Illinois is that makes a difference!