Legal Question in Tax Law in Illinois

I would like to know if I trade in my Harley for

another one do I pay taxes on the difference or just the taxes on the the balance

Asked on 9/04/13, 10:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Virginia Prihoda Law Offices of Virginia Prihoda
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You pay sales tax on the retail price of the new Harley. The trade-in is considered part of how you pay for the new item. However, you probably won't owe any income tax unless the Harley(s) is/are used in a trade or business.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 11:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Tax and Taxation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now