Legal Question in Aviation Law in India

Dear lawyers,

Please be informed that I have to get my passport renewed. I am an Indian national.

The problem is that I got divorced in 2012 and in the marital status column I do not want to mention that I m divorced but wud like it to be put as single. Will that be illegal. Please guide.

Asked on 3/05/13, 8:59 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Setu Niket Curare Legal
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You have provide divorced on the form, it is illegal to provide wrong information in the passport application form.

Feel free to contact for further assistance.

Kind Regards

Setu Niket


Delhi High Court


Read more
Answered on 3/05/13, 10:02 pm
Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to provide correct information - as you are divorced - you must mention you are divorced - otherwise Passport office can reject your passport for providing wrong information.

Read more
Answered on 3/06/13, 2:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Aviation Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now