Indiana  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/06/13, 9:27 pm

how can i terminate my son's fathers rights so my husband can adopt him? (the father is always in jail for drugs and has nothing to do with his son)

2 Answer

Answered on: 4/07/13, 6:51 pm by Jay Rigdon

Hire an attorney to file your adoption petition; you can't do this on your own. You can ask the court to find that his consent to the adoption is unnecessary based upon lack of support and/or communication with your son.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Rockhill Pinnick LLP 105 East Main Warsaw, IN 46580

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search